Sign Up for the 2020 fun!
1. FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW! Form will close on Sunday 11-29 at midnight. Name will be sent out via email on MONDAY, Nov 30th....and the giving starts on TUESDAY, Dec 1st! One names are handed out, sorry no late comers, so get that form filled out ASAP!
2. After you fill out a form with important information including your address, email, and textable phone number, you will also be added to a little Facebook mini group to manage everything, make announcements, and to share pics and comments about all the goodness!
3. There are a series of Themed Givings! You will get a different name of each Giving. All names will be randomly shuffled, and you will get the information including address and textable phone number for each person you are assigned. Please do not leave that person hanging...meaning, if you get them name, follow through with the "gift" or message the admin in the facebook group that you are having issues so that person doesn't miss out.
The series of giving opportunities, some have a monetary limit/cap some may not require a penny be spent...it’s not about how much you spend, it’s about how much fun you want to have with it. These opportunities are to be delivered between Dec 1st and New Years Day. Again, please follow through!
The Giving Themes are:
1. The Art of Regifting - (no value limit) You are challenged to regift! Let's make this one extra fun! Find something that will not only make your Assigned Gift Getter laugh, but we all vote on who got the BEST Regift, and that giver will get a bonus gift from our host! Now, BEST doesn't mean expensive...it means what is the most creative, funny, shocking, knock-your-socks-off-can't-believe-you-had-that-in-your-house kinda thing!
2. Handwritten from the Heart - (no value limit) This is all about a handwritten note, pretty card, little book, recipe card....think WORDS. Take a little time to come up with something where the words will impact the receiver and/or teach them a little something about YOU, too!
3. Homemade Goodness (aka #shopLOCAL) - (spend no more than $25...unless you want to help out a small local business) Get your apron on or crafting smock and bake up or hot glue some goodness. Can't craft or all cooked out? You can go shopping for something, but it is important to spend that cash on something that will go to support a local chef, creator, or something made right here in the Bay Area. If you want to spend more than $25 because it will really help a small business this season, that is super sweet...but, remember you are not obligated to spend any particular dollar amount...no should you expect any particular dollar value when receiving.
4. Dollar Store Delight - ($20 MAX spend!) All of your shopping MUST happen from a Dollar Store, Five Below, or those cute little bins in the front at Target. You cannot spend more that $20 (well, tax doesn't count) and we will vote on pics posted in the facebook group on who the best shopper is...and there will be a bonus gift for that winner....so get creative!
5. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner - (No limits!) Okay, this is going to be silly. Get your person one chance to WIN something, and one thing poultry related. So, when we say WIN, think a lotto ticket or scratch off....or maybe enter their name on a raffle ticket that a local charity is selling this month...think something that could make them a big WINNER in some way....be creative. Second part, don't chicken out on this gift....get crazy, but like Chicken Crazy! Maybe a variety of hot wing sauces, a couple dozen eggs from a local farm, a big giant turkey fryer for the back yard....what ever! But, the person that gets the most votes on the will WIN something CHICKEN related for their very own! So, again...don't be a chicken and hold back....let's have some crazy fun with this one!
6. Raise Your Glass - (Try and keep it under $25....being frugal is encouraged) This is all about the beverages. Let's toast in 2021 by getting some liquid cheers with our MTJS friends. Now, this could involve wine, hot chocolate, lemonade....it is all up to you. Get creative...but, it needs to be a gift that revolves around beverage consumption.
So, that is how it works ... First you give, then you get, and then we’re going to giggle about it together￼￼. Part of the fun will be the pictures we get to see or hearing about what people receive. We will even be able to see who got who for what giving opportunity, and celebrate those who got creative, got cute, really we’re just plain silly. Again, it won’t be about how much you spend￼, as much as it is about making everyone smile.
Before you ask, yes you can have a friend invited from outside of the group… But they must live local and they must be introduced to me in a PM. Open to both ladies and gentlemen.... but, not to dirt bags and hose beasts. I mean, no sucky people who are going blow off or take advantage, and no drama please. Again, it’s about fun and smiles.
BONUS GIFTING IS ALLOWED! Once you have the names you have been assigned covered, you can gift your friends in the group too, and still qualify for those items to be voted on to win special prizes. Again, if you are having any trouble and need help with gifting someone or in need of an idea, it is important we reach out and support each other! This should be fun for everyone involved!